Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Week of 12/12/11

Family,

This past week was transfers. I stayed in Wichita & Elder Palmer left. My new companion has been out for a while and his name is Elder Miller. He is a pretty chill guy. Miller is from Lehi, UT. I think we will have a really good transfer. His main goal is to baptize and I think we can do it if we really work hard. So I'm pretty excited. But other than transfers, it was a relatively slow week. We didn't get a whole lot of stuff done with transfers and all that stuff going on. We tried to go out the other day for a couple hours but it was way too cold and I was getting sick and just not a good combo with the wind and stuff. This week with the car should be a lot better. I can't believe it is already 2 weeks away from Christmas. Time has flown. We have our work cut out for us with lots of people we need to see and to find new investigators. Yesterday Elder Miller and I had to give talks in Church. I thought it went very well. We really helped the ward realize the grave importance of missionary work and the wards role in helping us out. Plus we have a missionary mutual this coming Wednesday so I am pretty stoked for that too. So not a lot to report on. Chill week and really looking forward to working hard with the people we have now to boost the work in this area. Hopefully Elder Miller and I can really baptize in this area which has had a rough past in missionary work.
Love you all,
Elder Roe





P.S. (from Lorraine) Elder Roe also reported that he is sending us some pictures this week. They should have been mailed yesterday! YAY! I have been begging/bugging him about pictures! I will post those as soon as I get them. Also, I was bummed to find out that he never received the Christmas tree and trimmings that we sent him. The delivery confirmation says that is was delivered on Dec. 5th. I hope it went to a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment