Monday, January 14, 2013

Email 01/07/13

Hey, This has been a busy week. We had a lot of driving. I had to go to Warrensburg, which is like 60+ miles away to do a baptismal interview in spanish. I am the only district leader around that speaks spanish so I had to drive out there to do the interview in spanish and translate for the missionaries there. It was pretty cool though. My spanish has improved a lot. I am struggling speaking in english now but I know the word in spanish. Very flip-flopped lol. I have been speaking spanish a lot more recently so that is really fun. Only way that I have improved is to spend as much time as I can on speaking it and being around it all the time. We were able to get another person with a baptismal date. A young 8 yr old whose parents aren't members but her grandma is and she wants to get baptized. I remember her when I was first here when she turned 8 and she came up to us and told us that she wanted to get baptized so it is really cool to be back in Marshall and get to see that it will happen. It won't be for a couple months because she is going to school in Kansas City and living with her mom for awhile but she will be back to get baptized here in Marshall. The Micronesian family that we have on baptismal date are doing really good as well. They have some problems with smoking and stuff so we had an awesome lesson yesterday and the committed to give it all up. We are really excited for them. Very cool to hear them pray in Chuukese and still feel the spirit. Pretty neat stuff. Nothing much other than being really busy and trying to stay warm. Doing really great here. Thanks for everything. Love Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment