Thursday, July 11, 2013

Final email from Elder Roe, as a missionary 07/08/13

Family, We had a pretty good past week. Rather slow with the holiday but went well. We went to the temple to do baptisms this past Friday with a recent convert and it was an amazing experience for him and us. We got to be apart of it all. He had a couple ward friends there with him so it was a great time for everyone. We also went to our Mission President's Devotional at the Independence Visitor's Center last night with a different convert. It was pretty sweet. Time sure has been flying by. As this is my last email before I get home, I would like to write my last testimony as a set apart representative of Christ: I bear testimony that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ restored this church through Joseph Smith and that we have a prophet today, Thomas S Monson, to lead and guide us. I know that Christ has suffered for us all and that through His atonement people can change. I have seen many times on my mission changes people have made. My mission has been the best experience for me and I have learned a lot and I have let my mission change me. It has been a long, tough 2 years but I am eternally grateful for it. I love the people of Kansas and Missouri. I know how important missionary work is and I am grateful for the choice to serve because it was a huge learning experience for me that I can not get anywhere else. I am grateful for all the love and support my family and others have shown for my mission. Thanks for everything. I encourage everyone to go on a mission and see the change it can have with you is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior, Amen. Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment