Monday, September 24, 2012

Email 09/24/12

Family, We had a pretty slow start to the week but we ended up doing pretty good this week. Lots of traveling and no different for the next couple days. Pretty much all of our appointments with people have been falling through which isn't fun but we are able to make up for it later on. We are really trying to work with a cool part member family. This is the guy that just came from Honduras. He is interested in coming to church with us and everything and he asks lots of questions. A funny experience with them: yesterday we had some time and wanted to stop by and see them. We got to talk to him and his member sister and brother-in-law. Pretty funny because I could barely understand what they were saying. People from Honduras talk very fast, abnormally fast actually. Then since there was 3 of them, it was even worse. My poor companion who doesn't know spanish really struggled no doubt on what was going on. Then there was me going back and forth in spanish, trying to answer serious questions in the best way with my broken spanish. In the end it all worked out and it was all good. Most spanish people I talk with now understand I am still learning spanish and so they speak slower for me but when all 3 native Honduras people get together, they just go off. I don't know how I understood anything but way awesome that I can even respond. I really enjoy spanish and hope that I get more areas with opportunities to speak more spanish. I hope to teach english to this Honduras family because they don't understand anything really. They don't even understand their little kids (who are learning more english then spanish). So hopefully I can get to help them learn some english more. That would be awesome. Other then lots of spanish, not a whole lot going on. We have general conference coming soon which is exciting. We also have transfers this Thursday so interesting to see what will happen. Thanks for all you do. Love Elder Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment