Saturday, May 19, 2012

Message from Lorraine

If you are up to date with Elder Roe's emails, then you know about the Kansas City Temple and about the Cultural Celebration that occurred the evening before the dedication. Well, as a family we watched everything that we could find online to watch, so that we could see what Elder Roe (and 200 other missionaries) were able to experience. While searching and watching various videos for hours, Jeff came across something that completely surprised all of us. It is a personal blog I am inviting you to look at...http://kcldstemple.blogspot.com/2012/05/no-words-to-describe.html Go to the May 7th entry titled "No Words to Describe", scroll down to the 9th picture! It's Elder Roe at the Cultural event! Here is my comment that I added to that blog: "Speaking of "No words to describe"....my family spent an evening searching online for clips from the Cultural Celebration. We had the laptop hooked up to a bigger TV, gathered everyone around and watched everything that we could find. We were so interested because our son, Elder Roe, had told us that he had participated in the event. In his emails, he had described the event. I cried when I read his email. It sounded like an amazing experience. As we watched clips from LDS Newsroom and Youtube, we knew that spotting our missionary would be next to impossible, so we were just thrilled to watch such a spectacular event that he was able to be a part of. When the missionary melody began, and the youth parted down the middle for the missionaries to enter, tears streamed down my face. I thought about how blessed these missionaries were to be serving in this temple district and how they would be able to teach their investigators in this area and maybe one day, those families could enter into this beautiful temple and have an eternal family. At one point, we thought we saw a glimpse of Elder Roe, so we slowed it down and realized it was another Elder and maybe his family would spot him in the crowd. As we finished watching everything we could find, we all went our separate ways in the house. About 30 minutes later, my husband calls us back in to the room....my heart started racing because he called us with urgency in his voice. When I entered the room, I saw on the TV a picture from your blog. It was my son, his companion and his two zone leaders. I could not believe my eyes! It was absolutely amazing to me that my husband stumbled upon your blog AND out of over 200 missionaries, our missionary was in one of your photos! I had not seen a picture of my son in a very long time. I just stood there and cried. It was the night before Mother's Day....the best one ever. The next day, I was able to talk to him. He called us from a members home and they allowed him to look up your blog and see the picture. He remembered having his picture taken. He again told us about the Cultural Celebration and how amazing the experience was. Thank you so much for having this blog. Our family loved all of the pictures, although we have our favorite! We consider this one our many tender mercies. Sincerely, Lorraine Roe"

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to find your son in our photos! What a glorious time this has been for Kansas City and how blessed is your son for getting to be there at this time. What a great Mother's Day gift for you!! Thanks for being a Temple Chaser!

    ReplyDelete